9/14/2007

#20. Podcasts

I did not take long this time for me to get hooked. I decided to try Yahoo!Podcast search right after I finished the " What is a podcast" tutorial. I tried "Robert Frost", and immediately came across a site that interests me: "Poem of The Day." I already have iTunes on my Mac, so all I needed to do was go to the podcaster's website, www.sonibyte.com, and subscribe. From there I went to check out the Podcast.net directory, specifically poetry, and hey!, I found a podcast mentioned this morning at the University Inn presentation by Helene Blowers, the original creator of the Learning 2.0 program: LibraryLoft Podcasts by the Public Library of Charlotte. Somethings's wrong here, though, all hits on this site are dated November/December 2006... Strange. Refreshing doesn't help. So on to podcastalley.com. A German book review podcast (Guten Morgen Buchtipps) also slips effortlessly onto iTunes. Adding the feed to my blog doesn't work, though. Back to Yahoo, where I discover "Das Literatur Cafe", also a German book review podcast, now the latest addition to my sidebar.

No comments: